SENIOR STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS PLANNER (USARCENT-19-1701-W):
Bowhead seeks a Senior Strategic and Operational Logistics Planner to join our team in support of the USARCENT mission. The Senior Strategic and Operational Logistics Planner will be developing, presenting, and executing logistics plans and forecast long-term resource requirements in support of the USARCENT Campaign Plan and long term operational strategy.
Essential functions will include:
- Synchronizing various logistical operations within the G-4 Logistics Branch and coordinating with the logistics operations team.
- Monitoring theater logistics policies and maintaining Combat Service Support (CSS) situational awareness through all means of information systems, battle command systems, and CSS Command & Control (C2) information systems.
- Monitoring theater logistical priorities through attendance at various USARCENT daily operation updates and staff meetings.
- Maintaining continuous liaison with other staff directorates, contractors, and commands within the AOR.
- Coordinating and interpreting USARCENT joint logistics system requirements with logistics managers in the USARCENT AOR, AMC, DLA, Material Management Center (MMC), Theater Support Command (TSC), USCENTCOM, Logistic Support Agency (LOGSA), and deploying units/installations to maximize logistics performance and leverage the joint systems' unique capabilities.
- Coordinating with USARCENT and higher and supporting commands (to include supporting contractors) on emerging logistics operations to ensure that USARCENT logistics operational processes and procedures continue to operate effectively.
- Participating in USARCENT exercises and deployments.
- Assisting with the development of operational level logistics Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), OPORDs, and associated annexes.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to this potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
• A Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar field is required in addition to a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing the planning, programming, supervision, and execution of logistics programs, and a minimum of three (3+) years of experience in Theater Logistics and logistics mission analysis processes in support of Joint Theater Logistics level deployment, distribution, sustainment, reconstitution, and JRSO operations.
- Must be proficient in the use of JOPES and with the operational and strategic adaptive planning processes at the Department of the Army Major Command (MACOM) or DoD Combatant Command (COCOM) level.
- Must have demonstrable capability to plan, organize, and direct the operations of teams and to work with senior level personnel.
- Must possess full knowledgeable of the USCENTCOM AOR logistics structure and capabilities, and possess a working knowledge of Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine logistics structure and capabilities in order to work as a joint element when it comes to logistical planning.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Professional Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance.
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
© Ultimate Software