Technical Writer/DITA Specialist
Volt Shakopee, MN
Volt is seeking a DITA Conversion Specialist
- Export content from Adobe FrameMaker into XHTML (and eventually DITA) using various scripts.
- Execute several scripts against converted content to filter out unnecessary elements.
- Edit DITA files to eliminate remaining content errors.
- Edit corresponding bookmaps (bookmap shell is automatically generated via script).
- Conform to standards/processes for content structure and related infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written exchanges among internal and external colleagues.
- Assist team members as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience using structured authoring writing principles
- Experience creating and editing content using XML and DITA
- Minimum of 2 years' experience using Oxygen (or comparable such as Oasis) authoring tool
- Work effectively in and collaborate with cross-functional teams, both in person and via web meetings
- Must have the following: strong communication skills, passion for learning, knowledge of technical documentation standards and best practices.
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker (versions 11-15)
- 5+ years of Technical Writing experience