Merchandising Specialists are responsible for sales floor pricing & product quality assurance awareness. Merchandising Specialists are experts in our merchandising standards and sales floor organizational plans. They represent the CAP Agency in working with customers and volunteers to establish and execute our merchandising expectations & product quality standards. Merchandising Specialists set an example in the store for great leadership skills, excellent customer service, and can assist managers in training staff and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Merchandising- It is the Merchandising Specialists responsibility to monitor cleanliness of the sales floor. Merchandising Specialists will work closely with managers to set tables, displays, & assure the products on the store floor are merchandised nicely. Merchandising Specialist will often help with putting away home carts and new merchandise out to the sales floor.
- Quality Assurance -Merchandising Specialists will monitor all merchandise being processed and priced to be put on the sales floor. All items should be in LIKE-NEW CONDITION ONLY.
- Train Staff & Volunteer -Merchandising Specialists will assist managers in training staff members and volunteers on accurate sales floor organizational expectations and quality standards.
- Provide Customer Service -Merchandising Specialists lead the team by modeling excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, & and taking priding in creating a great shopping experience for our customers.
CLEAR DRIVEN COMPETENCIES
- Fostering Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Customer Centered
- Analytical Thinking
- Use of Technology and information management
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
High school education, post-secondary training or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related industry.
- Applicable policies, procedures and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
- Principles and practices of conflict resolution, customer service and outreach.
- Specialized CAP and state agency software applications and procedures.
- Analyzing problems and developing effective solutions.
- Working effectively with persons of diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Perceiving the needs and concerns of others, interacting in a tactful manner, resolving conflicts, mediating disputes, and building personal skills.
- Maintaining composure and working effectively under stressful conditions.
- Collaborating as a team member, with colleagues, staff, and community representatives.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers, clients, and community agencies.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License, proof of insurance and review of Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a warehouse environment which requires regular heavy lifting of food boxes and items. This position requires lifting up to 50 pounds. Must have access to reliable transportation. Ability to drive a motor vehicle required. A job in this category requires walking and standing to a significant degree.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY: Scott, Carver, Dakota CAP Agency will not deny anyone the opportunities for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
The Scott Carver Dakota CAP Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce