Site Safety Coordinator - Shady Dale, GA
Shady Dale, GA, US, 31085
Lawn & Garden Southeast
Job ID: 161439
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position is responsible for leading all safety, and OSHA initiatives. This involves performing analysis and technical work to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Work with staff of various disciplines and motivate them to plan, develop and enforce broad quality and safety procedures.
- Administer and maintain the plant's Safety Program
- Provide support to plant management in developing and implementing new programs
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering and any other related department on equipment guarding, design, installation, and compliance
- Conduct training, incident investigations, safety committee meetings and follow up on responses and compliance assurance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Safety experience in the industry
- Strong communication skills (Public Speaking)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company
- Self-motivated, ability to achieve desired results without direct supervision
- Ability to report on results- noting changes and trends
- A desire to help people by creating a safe working environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of college education/certification preferred
- Nationally recognized Safety and Health Certifications, or OSHA 10 or 30 preferred
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Office products
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Safety, Engineer, Temporary, Plant Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Service, Engineering, Contract, Manufacturing