Requisition Number: CUSTO01520
As a community bank, we know the power in bringing people together from all walks of life. Our communities are beautiful and strong because of their diversity, and it’s important to us that all of our locations reflect the unique diversity of the places we live and work. We are passionate about hiring the very best talent and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Identify customer needs and sell Association products and services beneficial to customers needs. Process a variety of customer financial transactions in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. The Float position is designated to provide the full range of teller duties at branch locations throughout the First Federal system. Duty locations will be determined by and scheduled in accordance with staffing needs at these locations.
- Meet sales and referral goals by identifying and selling Association products and services beneficial to the customers needs. Develop and maintain a current knowledge of new and existing products and services.
- Support the Association’s sales objectives and campaigns by actively cross-selling basic products or by referring customers to other Association employees responsible for closing sales.
- Process a variety of customer financial transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Establish and maintain cash drawer limits according to policy.
- Ensure positive perceptions of the Bank by extending a courteous greeting and welcome to customers and visitors. Call customers by name at least one time during the account transaction.
- Balance cash drawer and teller transactions in an accurate and secure manner within guidelines.
- Take consistent responsibility for the safekeeping of money received for cash drawer and the prompt accounting or transfer of funds to safeguard against loss.
- Address customer questions and concerns and refer to appropriate internal resources for resolution to achieve customer satisfaction.
- May perform vault duties such as ordering/shipping currency and coin and distributing money to tellers.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum High school diploma or certified equivalency.
- Bilingual English and Spanish fluency (speaking, reading and writing) preferred.
- CSR I - Typically requires up to one (1) year of teller or cash handling experience in a busy retail environment which requires the use of math skills to pay and receive cash to customers.
- CSR II – Typically requires one (1) to two and a half (2.5) years of teller or strong cash handling experience in a busy retail environment which requires the use of math skills to pay and receive cash to customers.
- CSR III – Typically requires two and a half (2.5) or more years of teller experience in a financial institution environment, to include commercial bank, savings bank, credit union, or prior experience in a centralized vault type of environment which requires the use of math skills to pay and receive cash to customers.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a professional, outgoing, and pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Effective listening/probing skills necessary to identify customer needs and effectively match with bank products and services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume cash-handling environment with daily face-to-face customer contact, while providing high level of customer service.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Proficient keyboarding and ten-key/calculator skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel is preferred. Strong mathematical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet bonding requirements for employment purposes.
- Ability and willingness to work Saturday schedule as needed.
- Valid WA driver’s license.
- The work requires the ability to operate office machines and equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copying machines and telephones. The work requires the ability to communicate clearly with customers, coworkers, and others in person and on telephones. Work activities involve combinations of sitting/standing for extended periods.