Serves as the key contact between the MIS department and small, defined groups of application users. Works closely with assigned users to meet their information needs and address their system performance issues.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners' (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Works closely with assigned user communities to determine their information system needs and develops solutions utilizing or modifying existing system capabilities, investigating new product solutions or developing new system ideas.
- Works with and coordinates appropriate staff from Application Software and Technical Services teams to implement solutions.
- Develops report specifications and writes moderately complex reports for users based on request or identified need using available reporting tools such as MUMPS, DBMS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects and Impromptu. Coordinates other MIS resources as needed.
- Participates in projects that develop and/or deploy new software applications. Provides and coordinates MIS representation on projects.
- Coordinates users, internal MIS resources and external vendors as needed on small-scale application upgrades. Develops test plans and assists with application testing as needed.
- Develops documentation to support ongoing maintenance and upkeep of applications.
- Works with end-users individually or in medium-sized groups to improve their ability to utilize system capabilities, determine problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of experience.
- IDX, client/server and/or web application experience.
- Report-writing tools experience (DBMS, MUMPS, Crystal Reports, SQL, Business Objects, Cognos, Impromptu).
- Project management experience.
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare or MIS position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Access, Excel, Word, Project).
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- 10-key by touch.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good English verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and information to staff from a wide variety of cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to cope with fluctuating demands of an uneven workload.
- Customer service-oriented.
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.