Requisition Number: ASLEE02154
Developmental Disabilities Institute, DDI, is one of the largest providers of care to children and adults with Autism, developmental disabilities and other special needs. DDI has been a part of Long Island for over 50 years serving over 1,500 children and adults with Autism, other developmental disabilities and special needs. DDI provides innovative and expansive services to our population through various educational settings, residential services, day habilitation programs and vocational services.
Working in DDI's Adult Residential Services division the Asleep Counselor works along side the Program Managers and Program Administrators as part of the interdisciplinary team. Working in the residences the early Asleep Counselor works with adults with developmental disabilities on a variety of age appropriate educational goals.
Schedule: Sat. 9pm-9am; Sun. 9pm-7am; Mon. 9:30pm-7:00am
- Complete required trainings in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of abuse reporting and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings and inservices.
- Remain on premises and available to respond to emergency situations as needed.
In the event of a behavioral, medical, or other emergency situation, the Overnight Asleep Counselor must be prepared to participate in the following tasks:
- Actively complete overnight responsibilities as per individualized protocols as necessary.
- Advocate for individuals’ needs.
- Complete overnight bed checks according to time intervals specified by person as necessary.
- Complete overnight documentation, i.e., chore chart, incident reports, SUB sheets, logs, staff communication book, AMAP communication book.
- Follows BSP’s and supervision requirements for each individual.
- Ensures proper implementation of Emergency Procedures (ie. Incident reporting – notification of nurse due to medical situation etc)
- Implements Fire Evacuation Procedures as needed
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety guidelines
- Valid NYS driver’s license, preferred
DDI is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, reproductive decision making, gender expression or identity, national origin, disability, military status, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other group protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating a deep sense of belonging and a culture where all applicants and employees feel welcomed, valued and respected. We are people inspired by purpose.