One Team. One Commitment. One Goal.
About This Job
Deliver the Steel that Builds America and be home for the moments that matter! Come be the back bone that holds our logistics department together by picking up and delivering fabricated rebar material and scrap, while maintaining a strong safety mindset and a desire to learn. Be home nightly for the moments that matter by making timely sound decisions, staying organized, and working a flexible schedule Monday through Friday that could include overtime, weekends, and holidays. This position comes with a $2,000 sign-on bonus to all drivers with 50% being paid after 6 months of employment.
What's In It For You
Reimagining scrap is where it all starts. But we can't raise the bar without the team to keep it moving. So, we support the heavy lifting you'll do with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive compensation
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
$2,000 sign-on bonus to all drivers – 50% will be paid after 6 months of employment, 50% after one year of employment.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the delivery of products to customers, contractors, and jobsites throughout the location geographic region
- Ability to inspect vehicle(s) for any safety or operational defects using DOT, maintenance, and safety checklists and ensuring emergency equipment is in proper working order
- Use of Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) during operation of vehicle; driver will be trained accordingly
- Loading truck may require: securing chains across the width of a trailer to secure the product, both on the bed of a trailer and in an overhead rack, tarping of loads on trailers, and dropping and hooking a trailer
- Frequent physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs/ladders, works with chains, drops and hooks trailers, performs inspections and reaches to work with equipment throughout the entire shift
- Set up a sideboard kit around the perimeter of the trailer floor
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
What You'll Need
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License required
- Minimum 1 year verifiable tractor/trailer experience required (flatbed hauling over-the-road experience preferred)
- Driver must be knowledgeable in D.O.T. Regulations/Requirements
- No violation for careless, negligent or reckless operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle in previous 3 years
- No felony involving the use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle in previous 3 years
- No DUI or DWI (within the last 5 years)
- No more than 1 moving violation in the previous 3 years
- No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years as shown on the Motor Vehicle Road (MVR); accidents are reviewed by CMC Logistics
- No violation for speeding excessively, 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit in previous 3 years
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday; which may include some overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years — but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.