2100000Y Requisition #
Teijin Automotive Technologies is an innovative and full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. Teijin Automotive offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking a Production Operator for our Seguin, Texas Plant. This is a new, climate controlled manufacturing facility under the final stages of construction with production planned this year.
Operate compression molding presses and other equipment for the purpose of producing a high-quality product for our customers. Reduction of scrap, maintaining production requirements/shipments as required by customers. Willing to work overtime when necessary. This position reports to the Team Lead or Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Check all equipment for proper operation at shift start and communicates to the relieving shift any deviation of the normal process and any problems that might have occurred.
- Understand scheduled rate quantities and the importance of obtaining each process rate.
- Notifies Supervisor as soon as possible of any mechanical, process or quality problems so the proper steps may be taken to facilitate quick response.
- Inspects as many parts as possible to see that all operations prior to and including their operation have been completed satisfactorily as outlined by the instructions and visual aids.
- Performs normal housekeeping duties within a reasonable area of the workstation during and prior to end of scheduled shift. Keeps the station neat and reports safety hazards to the Supervisor immediately.
- Willing and able to work on other operations after completion of training on primary operation (cross training).
- Obtain knowledge of all process layouts. Operator will be expected to assist in the proper layout of the processes according to the MWI standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good assembly skills / dexterity.
- Good judgment and decision skills.
- Team oriented.
- Able to work at quick pace.
Excellent health and physical condition required. Knowledge of chemicals specific to job-some exposure to fumes. Jobs consist of repetitive motion with good range of motion involving bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and prolonged standing. Physical requirement of lifting up to 50 lbs. Personal protective equipment required. Must be able to work in close proximity to high temperature molds and materials (290°F/ 450°F). Considerable effort required due to pace of job. Some telephone usage required.
Will be required to work within the plant – factory environment where there is some exposure to noise, dust, fiberglass, and heat. Must adhere to PPE requirements as defined in the safety manual when in the manufacturing area.