The RN / GN must have the skill and knowledge to provide population specific care from newborn through age 105. He/she must have the ability to assess, evaluate, identify, and interpret the requirement and needs of the patients and perform based on those findings.
. JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Provides leadership for the unit by organizing and prioritizing care by communicating and collaborating with others and implementing multidisciplinary actions to provide a continuity of care.
Holds self and other staff members accountable and responsible for work performance and continuous improvement of patient in his/her work area and throughout the hospital.
Ensures self-compliance with professional, regulatory and government standards of care.
Demonstrates the knowledge of needs and task for his/her specific unit.
Ensures the satisfactory completion of clinical procedures, documentation, educational and procedural teaching of the patient.
- ) RN graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Must have valid, current license by the Missouri State Board of Nursing
- PALS certification required if working PACU
- ACLS certification if caring for patients having procedures with sedation
- BLS Certification required
- ) Prefer one year experience as medical/surgical staff nurse.
- ) Successful completion of hospital orientation
- ) Membership in professional organization desirable.