The power equipment operator has the ability to learn and operate material handling equipment (MHE) in our warehouse. Types of equipment operated include stock picker, turret truck, reach truck, wave, stand-up forklift, and a motorized pallet jack. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate various types of power equipment to perform pick, pull, put away and utility tasks.
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC's, hand-held computers, Radio frequency equipment or other such devices.
- Safely perform job functions while navigating down narrow aisles and operating at a high elevation.
- Report all equipment failures, damages, and truck accidents as they occur. Provide feedback to the safety committee on environmental issues affecting safe equipment operation.
- Meet quality, accuracy and productivity expectations.
- Ability to learn area-specific functions within multiple systems (Warehouse systems and proprietary systems).
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Power Equipment experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass required truck training and testing, high level of integrity, initiative, and attention to detail, works with a sense of urgency, acting effectively both independently and as part of a team, organized and adaptable problem-solving skills.
- Basic mathematical ability (add, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Work on elevated platforms and walk/stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move up to 150lbs in a Furniture area and 50lbs in all other areas.
- Must have the ability to be trained to work at heights up to 60 feet.
- Sense of urgency, safety conscious, team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Dedication, Collaboration, Culture.
Helping build communities.