What you will do
The Area HVAC Sales Manager will be a member of the NY Metro Area Management Team responsible for the top line growth of the HVAC and legacy Fire and Security business. The AHSM will lead a team of local market sales leaders responsible for
all HVAC Construction and HVAC Service sales in the Area
Increasing market penetration and long-term profitable growth by developing key strategic initiatives to drive market leadership.
Actualizing account management strategies, sales planning, sales pipeline management, salesperson development/training and sales activity consistent with JCI sales management disciplines.
Creating a Customer first mindset
Represent JCI in local community and professional organizations while maintaining an expert understanding of the business environment (i.e. legislative, purchasing and market trends).
How you will do it
- As a member of the Area Management team, responsible for top-line growth of revenue as well as meeting growth objectives around gross margin and EBIT.
- Increase market penetration of JCI product by securing new customers and leveraging our existing customer base
- Build and foster a team environment across the area as well as within each business domain
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff
- Evaluates Johnson Controls local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues and allocates resources as needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Develop and executes growth strategies consistent with local market conditions and JCI objectives
- Works with Branch Management Leaders to ensure company standards, processes, and tools are used and applied
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives around customer relationship development
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives around contractor relations development
- Foster a teaming environment with the Connected Technology group to develop and close major project opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting of sales.
- Analyze each market to identify opportunities for market penetration.
- Ensure Sales team is fully staffed to meet budget and market demands
- Ensure local compliance to Regional and National initiatives by working within the JCI matrix structure
- Practice performance management by setting clear goals, investing personal time in employee development and actively coaching local market sales leaders.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management.
- Accountable for integration of sales and operational team activity
- Understand the business environment of each local market including competition, purchasing and business trends.
- Participate as the Area Management Team representative on strategically important accounts helping to influence outcomes.
- Establish and maintain personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
- Work with Regional HR and Talent Acquisition to recruit, hire and retain the most efficient sales staff in the Area.
- Ensure compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates the local office with the highest business ethics.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ten (10) years of a proven track record leading sales teams (motivating, coaching, development of others)
- Operational business acumen including P&L management, negotiation experience and conflict resolution
- ability to work well in a matrix environment.
- Experience with HVAC Controls and Equipment Products
- Experience in the New York construction industry
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please viewEEO is theLaw. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.