Our team is looking for a hands-on, versatile Brand Designer to bring an emerging brand to life through impeccably crafted guidelines, asset management, and creative campaign development. This role requires a high level of ownership, customer obsession, attention to detail with a passion for design systems. The ideal candidate is able to quickly discern the needs of a project and collaborate with stakeholders to turn concepts into robust ideas on the fly. We pride ourselves on being innovative, multi-talented and flexible, and we look for the same in our potential candidates.
Who You Are
You love the art of visual storytelling and are passionate about the creative process.
You seak out and develop innovative ways to build and manage design systems.
You are sensitive to the way a brand unfolds across design mediums, including retail marketing communication, environmental graphics, and digital media.
You present ideas professionally and with a level of enthusiasm that highlights your creativity and inspires others.
You have a passion for effective communication, serving as a strong advocate for our customers.
You are excited to join a growing brand team and are invested in building a trusting and positive team culture.
You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
You are great at diving into unknown territory and help invent simple, elegant solutions to complex design problems.
You are curious about every angle of the customer experience and use it to drive design solutions.
You enjoy working with complex, integrated systems and know how to set the visual standards for others to follow and build ideas upon.
You provide many different ways to solve a problem and collaborate with stakeholders to refine and execute the chosen approach.
· Collaborate across multi-disciplinary creative team to develop internal and external-facing style guides and brand documentation
· Partner with Brand Design to develop and maintain brand asset library
· Partner with Brand Design and key stake holders to establish and manage the brand design project management function
· Collaborate with Brand Design to create concept graphics, high-fidelity production assets, and guidelines documentation in support of brand and marketing projects
· Work with vendors for print and digital production that supports brand and marketing teams
· Prepare design layouts, specifications and die-lines/mechanicals for print
· Manage projects in a timely fashion with multiple deliverables for projects on competing timelines
· Influence customer perceptions and behavior with innovative visual storytelling
· Effectively communicate concepts and design recommendations to leadership in both written and verbal communication.
· Possess impeccable attention to detail
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong visual communication, deep understanding of typography, color, print and digital executions, and great user-centered design solutions
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ownership
· Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as visual communications or graphic design.
· Manage the day-to-day progress of a project from start to finish
· Pre-press experience
· Strong time management and ability to be self-directed as needed
· Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and related design and production software
· Ability to work in a diverse team
· Experience designing motion graphics or video editing
· Moderate understanding of After Effects and Sketch
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.