UX Designer, Amazon Global Communities
Have you seen the any of the Amazon delivery vehicles driving around your neighborhood? Did you know those drivers actually work for small business owners called Delivery Service Partners that partner with Amazon to deliver packages?
Amazon Global Communities (AGC) builds innovative and engaging community-focused products for external Amazon partners, including the Delivery Service Partner community. Small business are critical to many aspects of Amazon’s ecosystem and the AGC team helps these partners be successful by fostering community connections, accelerating learning opportunities, and providing customer feedback mechanisms on program and product initiatives and updates. Our users stretch the entire breadth of Amazon - think Amazon operations, third party sellers, Amazon book authors, Whole Foods grocery store owners, - the potential reach of our product is truly limitless.
AGC is currently in a step-change year where we will pivot from scrappy to scalable, building out processes and transforming our digital community platform to scale from the ground up. We will scale outward from one to four+ community instances, each with their own unique set of users to solve for. We will also investing in our existing community, elevating existing product features and adding new capabilities in a way that all additional communities and their respective users.
Key job responsibilities
Work with the CX team to own the end to end UX experience for the AGC digital platform that will be scaled across communities. In 2021/2022 this will include:
· Design critical product functionality that support communities
· Designing the near term and long term vision of the product as we remove tech constraints and move the product in-house
· Design backend personalization engines that will define the user experience each community member has based on a number of factors (tenure, location, interests etc.)
Work with the AGC events and content stakeholders to deliver best in class virtual, in-person, and hybrid events, which will involve:
· Designing the end to end brand experience for events, spanning digital and physical environments and artifacts.
· Handle experiential and design related elements for AGC events
· Stay on the cutting edge of what’s new in design, identifying opportunities and experimenting with applying new methods and concepts to event branding
Successful traits for this role are:
· Maintaining high-quality creative, strong attention to detail, while operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment
· Passionate about process creation, standardization, and improvement
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
A day in the life
The AGC Customer Experience (CX) team is looking for a UX Designer with a strong visual skillset to support multiple key design initiatives. Our ideal candidate has a unique blend of traditional UX design skills, as well as visual skills including brand design and event design, spanning digital and physical design assets.
If you’re looking to join a creative and passionate customer experience team to build from the ground up, we’re your perfect match. Come join our team!
About the team
You will join a small but mighty team of five creatives. You’ll work alongside an Senior UX Designer, a Senior Visual Designer, and your manager who is currently working in a hybrid manager/principal design and research capacity. Work life balance is important to us, and we look forward to ensuring you have a healthy balance on this team.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our org is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· 4+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Experience in a design tools such as Sketch or Figma, prototyping tools such as Principal and Invision, and Adobe suite
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· An available online portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX, research, and web design, including your approach and process
· Experience designing for mobile and awareness of current and common web frameworks
· Experience using a design system
· Interested in wearing many UX and visual designer hats, including UX design, visual design, and brand design
· Knowledge of typographic and brand design principles
· Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and juggle multiple priorities resulting in high quality outcomes
· Experience designing consumer services that deploy across living room, web and mobile devices a plus
· Design experience on global events at scale
· Ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data and diplomacy
· Experience designing brand guidelines
· Experience working collaboratively with product management and developers to implement designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.