UX Design Manager - AWS Supply Chain
Join the AWS Supply Chain team and enable AWS to continue to be a widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands of customers around the world who use AWS every day.
As a UX Design Manager of the AWS Supply Chain Design team you will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current tools and applications. You will be a core member of the Design team as we focus on individual and team growth by refining our craft and delivering results.
The ideal candidate has experience in enterprise products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, an achieved crafts-person and a passion for turning difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences.
Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with the product and engineering teams.
We value mentorship and growth. Our business is growing, and we want you to grow with it.We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds.
Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in your schedule. We know some of your best ideas come to you at noon and some come at midnight. It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
· 6+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, visual designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role creating digital products.
· 2+ year experience managing User Experience Designers
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of UX deliverables (e.g. wireframes, journey maps, personas, comps, prototypes) that showcases best practices in interaction design and a modern aesthetic.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· Experience with ux design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.