Talent Management Specialist - Americas Consumer, International Consumer
Do you want to design, build, and implement strategic talent systems to make Amazon the premier destination of Earth’s most talented people? If you do, then we have the right role for you.
As a member of the Consumer Line Talent Management (CLTM) team within the Consumer Talent organization, the Talent Management Specialist -- Americas Consumer role provides an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience and passion for all things talent in a dynamic, complex and global business.
This role is dedicated to the North America Consumer team within the WW Consumer business, will report in the Americas Consumer Line Talent Management leader based out of Seattle, and be part of a broader team of talent management professionals who support the WW Consumer business. In this role, the program manager will support the development and implementation of the talent management programs and initiatives.
This role will primarily focus on enhancing core talent programs such as talent reviews, career rotations, people investment planning, promotions, organizational design, and building automated tools that leaders can use to more objectively evaluate scope, scale, and complexity of key leadership roles. A critical part of this role will involve partnering with other teams within Consumer Talent, business HR teams, and business stakeholders around the world.
Additional scope of responsibilities include gaining and applying business acumen while conducting needs analysis, assessing macro trends, and translating data-driven analysis into an overarching talent strategy for the organization they support, all in partnership with business HR teams.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING TO THE ROLE
The ideal candidate plays the role of strategist who masterfully uses data to tell to tell a compelling story, connect dots, and integrate into a practical talent strategy for Amazon’s WW Consumer business. The candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. The candidate should also be detailed oriented with the demonstrated ability to execute talent programs and initiatives in partnership with HR and business stakeholders. The candidate should possess functional knowledge of core HR areas preferably with experience in Talent Management, Organization Development, or as an HR Business Partner. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to work in an ambiguous and global environment with minimal guidance or supervision.
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contribute to the creation, implementation, and management of Talent Management plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives. Ensure talent readiness by creating mechanisms such as: Success Profiles, Talent Assessment and Leadership Investment Planning based on the business needs.
· Partner with Consumer Line Talent Management, HR, and business leaders to define and establish a long-term talent strategy that may include: identifying critical jobs, determining talent gaps, assessing internal as well as external availability, and developing long term plans to bridge the gaps.
· Run need-based Talent Management projects with clients across teams and globally: driving and conducting needs analysis, creating and executing against talent plans/roadmaps, and reporting and audit of existing programs. Look at cross-business themes and integrate into the over-arching talent management strategy for the business.
· Drive program goals and provide program management support. This includes defining project plans, managing implementation activities, and developing protocols, documentation, and communications for project rollout and ongoing management.
· Support streamlined user experience of key people processes, including identifying and operationalizing opportunities for process improvement and evolution.
· Create process improvement mechanisms including automation on some of the existing processes/ tools to ensure standardization and consistency as we scale.
· Identify appropriate metrics to measure effectiveness of talent management initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, Organization Behavior, Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university.
· 3+ years of HR experience in a fast-paced environment working in HR, Talent Management, Learning & Development, and/or Project Management roles.
· Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and/or an MBA highly preferred.
· Ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Excellent written and verbal skills as well as prioritization and planning skills – with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately in time sensitive matters and organized to manage and track multiple priorities simultaneously – grace under pressure and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
· Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results.
· Ability to use data to solve business problems and possess a high level of integrity, judgment, and discretion in handling confidential information.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.