Support Engineer IV, Alexa Everywhere
We are pioneering Alexa trust and security services for our customers, business partners, and Alexa developers. We use software engineering, big data, and machine learning to improve customer experiences across all Alexa skills and Alexa Voice Services (AVS).
As an engineer, you'll get an opportunity to build solutions for a larger problems while sharing the benefit of those solutions with other Alexa service teams. You'll work closely with big data and data scientists, senior and principal engineers, and security experts to develop robust solutions.
Key job responsibilities
· You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· You can setup and configure monitors to prevent prolonged outages.
· You write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries.
· You show good judgment and instincts in decision making.
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· You proactively and continually improve your level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies.
· You regularly work across multiple teams to resolve issues.
· You proactively support knowledge-sharing in the team and across your division.
· You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups. You listen effectively.
A day in the life
· You lead support post-mortems and drive process and service improvements as a result.
· You build and maintain services that safeguard customers' trust in Alexa and have been integrated to developer tooling and user experiences.
· You'll work with many Alexa teams of engineers, product managers, data scientists, customer advocates, and security and policy experts.
· You'll work independently and collaboratively on software deliverables that evolve and improve our team and Alexa's platform.
· You participate in the hiring process by reviewing resumes, performing phone screens, and participating in interview loops.
· A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 4+ years relevant experience in a online technical operations environment
· Experience with Java/Python/Ruby, as well as shell scripting
· Knowledge of Linux and networking fundamentals
· Experience with troubleshooting and documenting findings
· Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery
· Experience in Agile/Scrum or related collaborative workflow
- Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Effective prioritization and time management
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.