Strategic Partner Operations Manager
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. The ISV Co-Sell Operations team enables AWS teams to better serve our partners and customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking a Strategic Partner Operations Manager to lead global co-sell operations with one of our Global/Strategic ISVs. In this role you will proactively track and resolve APN Customer Engagement (ACE) issues, create and manage global pipeline reporting, and own the operational reconciliation of complex billing scenarios. Attention to detail, ability to work independently and willingness to be hands-on are essential pre-requisites for success in this role.
At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. While possessing the above criteria would be helpful, if you have a passion for customer success - we want to talk to you. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs. We will coach the right fit.
· Act a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Partner Operations for assigned partner, setting up administration and governance across AWS and Partner teams
· Coordinate global opportunity reporting and tracking strategy, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, involving globally and regionally aligned stakeholders
· Facilitate sales alignment introductions between Partner and AWS sellers within agreed upon Service Level Agreement (SLA)
· Proactively track and resolve APN Customer Engagement (ACE) related issues for AWS Originated, Partner Originated, and reseller-driven (multi-partner) opportunities
· Own the operational reconciliation process for complex billing scenarios, working closely with AWS Services, Finance, and Accounting teams to accurately track revenue attainment
· Drive regular pipeline, opportunity registration and business reviews with Partner to manage progress against business plan and core KPIs
· Develop appropriate automation, tools and standards templates for operational cadences that allow operations at scale
· Earn trust of senior leaders by driving predictability on the operational cadence
Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 5+ years’ experience in any of the following areas: partner management, partner operations, sales operations, project management, program management, finance
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
· Attention to detail and analytical skills
· Understanding of partner/channel relationships and sales strategies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to coordinate effectively across organizations
· Experience with complex sales agreements that involve multiple partners
· Organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders
· Experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com**
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records