Specialist, Sales Compensation
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Advertising is seeking a Sales Compensation Specialist within its successful Global Advertising business. The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who can demonstrate teamwork, relationship building and the ability to influence at multiple levels of the organization. S/he will thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments and will be someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, passionate about the customer and comfortable working with numerous stakeholders across the organization and worldwide in an environment that has a considerable amount of ambiguity.
The successful candidate will have deep experience with variable compensation or sales operations programs, defining systems and processes to support high growth. S/he should be able to juggle competing projects, execute against road maps to support the variable compensation program, and work across multiple teams to solve complex problems. This person will work closely with the sales leaders, finance, HR, and other Amazon business partner teams to administer our incentive compensation policies and program.
- Implement compensation plans via tools, process and sales readiness
- Partner with product development to design and implement automation that scales compensation tasks globally
- Support the compensation program for a global sales team
- Propose and present ideas effectively, influencing decisions and outcomes
- Execute and govern quota setting, management and relief as a program
- Maintain revenue, quota, and compensation data quality
- Use data and analysis to determine the impact of compensation models and make recommendations
- Define, document and interpret variable compensation related policies with legal and HR
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up their sleeves and dive deep to implement effective processes and controls. They will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, resourceful, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They will have superb communication and partner-relationship skills, deep background in compensation or sales operations, and be a passionate advocate for creating programs that deliver exceptional results from teams.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5+ years of variable sales compensation, finance or sales operations experience
- Expert level user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience implementing variable sales compensation plans
- Experience working with Sales CRM and Incentive Compensation tools (such as Salesforce or Cognos)
- Demonstrated understanding of financial concepts and processes
- Ability to define, aggregate, and analyze metrics to assess performance drivers
- Experience setting, interpreting and governing policies for a large-scale program
- Experience with compensation models for online advertising
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Exceptional attention to detail