Solutions Architect - Amazon Selling Partner API
This role can be based in New York-NY, Dallas-TX, Austin-TX, Arlington-VA, Detroit-MI, Phoenix-AZ, Seattle-WA.
Amazon Selling Partner API (SP-API) is the next generation suite of API-based automation functionality for Amazon's Selling Partners. Amazon SP-API is an evolution of Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) APIs, which have been offering sellers programmatic access to critical Amazon features for more than 10 years. Our APIs enable sellers to programmatically list, sell and exchange data on Amazon.
About the role:
Amazon is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Solutions Architect, who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and customer-facing experience, to work with customers and internal teams to craft scalable, secure solutions.
As a trusted customer advisor, the Solutions Architect help organizations understand the opportunities to develop and integrate with Selling Partner-APIs. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to drive adoption of SP-API within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. You should be comfortable building technical credibility with API Developers, Solution Architects, Product Managers and C-level stakeholders.
The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect role. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Open to traveling 25-35% domestic with some international.
· Provide technical support and architectural guidance directly to developers using Amazon Selling Partner API.
· Write code samples, tutorials, whitepapers and technical articles for the developer community, capturing and sharing the best practices to integrate with Selling Partner API
· Work with customers to understand how they are using our services, and provide feedback to development teams
· Conduct one-to-few or one-to-many training sessions for sharing opinionated guidance to customers considering or already using Selling Partner API.
· Ensure existing and emerging Selling Partner API solutions comply with Selling Partner API acceptable use policies, security standards, and best practices.
· Act as a technical liaison between customer, support & engineering, and business teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience developing integrations using API, XSD, REST, SOAP based services
· Working experience with one or more popular programming languages such as java, C#, php etc.
· Experience with troubleshooting complex integration failures, working with external integration partners, and testing interconnected systems
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience in technology.
· Experience working in client-side roles preferably in Tech consulting
· Proficiency with Webservices, REST APIs and automation tools such as postman collections.
· Proficiency writing technical, educational developer content (technical articles, whitepapers, tutorials, sample code)
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on Selling Partner API and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· AWS Certification preferred.