Software Development Manager
Do you like helping people grow their business? Do you want to make a lasting impact on millions of customers? Are you passionate about building cutting edge and highly distributed systems? If so, we have a role for you.
The Brand Excellence and Experience organization is the growth and development engine for Brands in the Amazon Store. We reward brands who provide a great experience to our customers, and guide those who do not towards simple solutions to achieve a great customer experience. Our team builds products that delight and inform customers while fueling brand growth.
We're looking for an experienced Software Development Manager with a strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creating solutions for complex problems at scale, motivated to help our Selling Partners succeed.
Leading a team of talented engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business, and most importantly, our customers as we take on challenges to reimagine the e-commerce industry. We are seeking a Software Development Manager with strong technical, project, and people skills and focus on iteratively delivering high quality scalable performant software using Agile best practices.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of talented software engineers.
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
· Interface with PM and internal customers to understand requirements, set a roadmap, priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
· Coordinate with stakeholders in other groups, drive alignment across orgs on shared goals and initiatives.
· Advise and consult with Senior Engineers on design and architecture.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with high quality.
· Help develop long-term business and technology strategies.
· 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
· Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience building and managing high performing software engineering teams
· Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
· Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· Experience with distributed systems/service-oriented architecture
· Experience with AWS technologies
· Experience with NoSQL data stores
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.