Software Development Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com, and is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS is seeking a talented Software Development Manager to join the AWS Fraud Prevention team.
As an SDM for AWS Fraud Prevention, you will own major deliverables, drive roadmaps, influence the team’s technical direction and long-term vision, provide technical leadership and mentor the engineering team. If you're excited by the intersection of cloud computing, machine learning, and big data, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us! Your work will help stop mastermind fraudsters and have a direct impact to Amazon's bottom line.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 6+ years of Software Development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading engineering teams
· Experience developing the careers of software engineers
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in software design and development
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Experience in developing long-term product and technical strategies
· Experience influencing leadership decisions through clear communication and presentation of technical information, both verbally and in writing
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
· Knowledge of machine learning, BIG data and scalable distributed system fundamentals
· A passion for people management and mentorship