Software Development Manager
Amazon Personalize is a deep learning AWS Service that makes it easy for developers to create individualized recommendations for customers. We're building a large-scale machine learning platform and are looking for engineering leader to join us in the fun to take Amazon Personalize to the next level.
As the Software Development Manager of Amazon Personalize, you will be responsible for leading a team of strong engineers, and continuing to develop them. You will need to constantly challenge the boundaries of Personalize Recommendation. You will draw from deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of machine learning technology, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
This role within AWS AI presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. You will be part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the core of the AWS AI organization. You will play a critical role in business planning, work closely with senior executives, influence our long-term technical and business strategy, and ultimately enable us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, a capability to build and grow a talented team, desire to have an industry wide impact, and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact. You should have a passion for delivery, drive for excellence, and penchant for quality. You will practice development management practices such as scrum and make sure your team is productive solving technical challenges in system design, distributed computing, and full-stack services.
Great opportunity to take a new launched service with a lot of customer interest to the next level and work on challenging deep learning and distributed systems problems.
Join the group that Swami Sivasubramanian and Alex Smola are building to make Machine Learning accessible to everyone via AWS. This will be a game changer in our industry. Make history with us.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
· 10+ years of software development experience, and/or at least 2 years of management experience
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
· 5+ years of relevant software development and/or engineering management experience
· Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
· Familiarity with natural language processing and understanding systems
· Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenant systems