Software Development Manager
As part of Amazon GFT(Global Finance Tech) organization with in Corp FP&A we work on providing scalable and user friendly platforms & applications that are key to Corporate Financial Planning and Analytics. We are at a unique vantage point of knowing and supporting everything that is happening across Amazon financially. We support a large global community of finance teams and leadership teams to do meet their financial planning goals.
Our Teams are constantly in pursuit of technological solutions that are at the cusp of leading edge and extremely user friendly. We innovate on behalf of our customers to improve their productivity, stability and confidence in financial data. We are constantly building platforms and tools that can help users automate data driven insights and reporting requirements. Being one of the key organizations that supports CFO deliverables, we have the freedom to choose future tech and make it consumer friendly.
Joining GFT team gives you the opportunity to:
· Provide technology solutions that can empowers thousands of internal financial users
· Ability to to automate and cater to complex business needs that were believed to be manual
· Collaborate with every business unit in Amazon that works on financial planning
· Ability to improve collective productivity of 4000+ direct customers and their supporting teams
A successful candidate in this role will be able to bring software development and end to end delivery experience in the data domain to build platforms that can help consume data in a easy and scalable fashion.
This role requires you to be able to collaborate with Data Engineering, Business Intelligence and Customer teams to provide cloud driven solutions that scale and are operable from the get go. Responsibilities included as part of the role:
· Create and execute roadmaps
· Ability to influence leadership team on proposed technology roadmap items and their long term advantages
· Ability to lead senior developers and managers in the team to deliver roadmap items
· Ability to garner innovation and think big ideas without loosing pace on existing deliverables
· Ability to hire, coach and mentor peers and team members on best practices of cloud application architecture and Software Development life cycle
· Ability to drive measurable goals based on strategy sessions for the team and individuals
This role requires ownership, customer obsession and ability to deliver results in unchartered territories. You should be ready to solve complex problems along with driving consensus from all the stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate ideas, deliverables and problem statement with both technical and non technical audience. You should be able to partner with peer technology organizations to ensure integration touch points and long term goals are aligned.
You should be owning the overall Software Design and Architecture for GFT and responsible for future proofing the patterns and technology choices to be modular and supportable. Responsible for design, development, delivery, support and prioritization of issues and enhancements of products owned.
What You Will do:
· Unperturbed attention to detail and customer obsession for everything the team delivers
· Partner and participate in design decisions keeping monitoring and CI/CD at the heart of every solution
· Mentor, coach and manage software engineers in the organization
· Ability to lead a team on a path of long term roadmaps with incremental milestones that deliver customer value
· Effectively Communicate internally and externally about projects, issues and innovative ideas
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Hands on experience with professional software engineering and DevOps practices, including best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
· Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams and organizations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
· Excellent prioritization and time management skills
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion
· 10+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
· Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++
· Experience with SQL and No SQL data stores
· Strong understanding of distributed computing and software development and design best practices
· Experience building scalable infrastructure and distributed systems
· Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Hands on experience building web platforms and services
· Experience with finance, accounting, procurement, payment methods or payment processing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.