Software Development Engineering
AWS Outcome Driven Engineering (ODE) is a new AWS engineering organization chartered to build new AWS products by applying Amazon’s innovation mechanisms along with AWS digital technologies to real world industry problems. We dive deep with industry leaders to solve problems and unblock industries, enabling them to capitalize on new digital business models. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking and excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering new product categories to new customer types in an emerging technology space.
Is this you?
· Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
· Thrive in an agile environment, creating order from ambiguity
· Love to learn and build strong teams with others as passionate as you
· Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
· Want to create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
· Use data and iterate to make decisions and validate assumptions
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Prior to Covid restrictions, our team was co-located in the office, but we were also flexible when people occasionally needed to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. Once Covid restrictions are lifted, we expect to follow Amazon policy on working from home
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated,reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We will consider candidate placement in: Seattle, Atlanta, and other East Coast locations in North America.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Excellent understanding of resource and design requirements for highly scalable systems.
· Ability to mentor other software developers and to improve development best practices.
· Practical experience with key enabling technologies such as serverless, machine learning, data science or analytics pipelines.
· Entrepreneurial spirit interested in experimentation and testing long held industry assumptions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.