Software Development Engineer, Sponsored Brand Ads
** We are open to hiring into our SEA, NYC Offices!**
Want to work on brand new initiative within Sponsored Brands Ad team? Want to work on Ad Server that serves billions of ad requests across multiple channels and formats and power a multi-billion dollar advertising product?
Amazon Brand Adv. and Shopping Exp (BASE) is on a mission to make Amazon the best in class destination for shoppers to discover, engage and build affinity with brands, making shopping beautiful, delightful, & personal. Our Team - Sponsored Brands (SB) - owns an auction based, keyword targeted, mid funnel advertising product designed for brand owners. Our team builds and manages systems with extreme high performance and availability. In doing so, we deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
We are looking for an SDE who is excited about being part of new initiative and not afraid to dive deep and define product technical strategy and architecture. In this role you will work with business partners to design, implement and launch new ad solutions based on business objectives and timelines. You will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. The right candidate will possess strong technical skills, can dive deep with demonstrated experience leading medium to large distributed services, and will want to have a lasting impact in the Advertising space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This is a unique opportunity to stand at the intersection of e-commerce, advertising and state-of-the-art ML techniques.
In Software Development Engineer role, you will:
- Develop highly scalable service to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leverage state-of-the-art technology
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- Evaluate and make decisions about the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Apply big data technologies (Spark, PySpark, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc) to process large impression log
- Have unique exposure to technologies used in search / advertising / E-commerce platforms
- Work closely with our data-science and product managers to design experiments with machine learning / deep learning techniques to improve predictive models and infrastructure and implement end-to-end solutions
- Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
- Be a member of the Amazon-wide Software Development Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences
Why join us?
- Advertisement is innovative and rapidly growing area at Amazon.
- We are a small team with a large charter and low operational overhead.
- As a key team member, you will get the opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle.
- You'll be working in an entrepreneurial set up, and expected to balance technology decisions with business value created.
- You will have opportunity to work on highly visible projects with immediate business impact. (good for career growth)
- You'll also get an opportunity to interact with premier Amazon Associates, understand their business model and implement innovative ideas to create value for our customers.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience in the Advertising domain developing scalable advertising solutions
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
- Strong focus on clean code and robust design
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in online advertising software technologies (Especially in ad targeting and serving)
- Experience in open source machine learning /deep learning libraries and AWS services
- Experience in big data technologies (Spark, Spark Python, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.