Software Development Engineer, Prime Video - Global Customer Engagement
The Prime Video Global Consumer Engagement team operates under the fundamental belief that video is the best way to promote video. Our team owns everything from creating and sourcing promotional content, clips and engaging assets to selecting and recommending the best content to a customer, with the goal of increasing their engagement with Prime Video. As Prime Video expands its catalog and offerings, our team has to adapt and expand our support as well, from critically acclaimed Prime Original content to hundreds of channels and even live sports. We work hard to preserve customer trust, by adding safeguards for language selection and maturity rating targeting, using ML to rank content to a customer's unique taste, and maintaining diversity in our recommendations.
The Draper team is constantly iterating and improving our intelligence, running dozens of experiments every year. Through these new features, we also have many opportunities for cross-team collaboration. We have partnered with tens of client teams across over 20 placements, adding more every year. Each month, our systems generate over 5 billion impressions reaching millions of customers across a multitude of touch points throughout the customer journey, with an eye to making each impression as relevant, personalized and efficient as possible, while adhering to performance/operational latency tolerances.
As an SDE on the team, you will align with product managers to refine requirements, work closely with teammates to design and implement new features, collaborate with partner teams to deliver cross-functional projects and support the operational load of the team. There are also plenty of opportunities for bottom-up proposals and developer-driven initiatives.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience with low latency, high throughput, multi-threaded.
- Experience with based.
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.