Software Development Engineer - Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Are you passionate about technology and want to develop your skills?
Do you like to create solutions to handle scalability and high-availability challenges?
Do you want to work in a global service that is spread across many data center in multiple countries?
Do you want to make history while having fun?
If you answered yes, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is looking for a talented professional like you.
EC2 is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers. It is the core of many AWS services and it is growing fast to meet the increased customer demand across many countries.
Join an innovative team that owns ingesting and publishing data from EC2's core and next generation infrastructure. You will have direct impact on delivering reliable, high-available data and metrics for customers by using innovative approaches for handling large-scale, distributed, big data platform problems. If you have a passion for building large scale near-real-time complex event processing pipelines, and tackling meaty distributed systems problems, this role is for you.
Amazon is an exciting work culture that rewards high performance. You'll experience opportunities to work with the world's best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems. We have multiple positions available.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We put a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· 1+ years of software engineering with full development life cycle
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where engineers are owners.
· BS/MS in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Interest, knowledge, or experience in the areas low-level software engineering and/or systems programming.
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams to understand software features
· Experience coaching junior software engineers
· Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy start-up like environment
· Excellent problem solving abilities
· Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
· Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDKs delivered in multiple languagesCreate reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problem.
· Skilled in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and administration tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.