Software Development Engineer II - Customer Journey
Would you like to innovate on the most highly visible and persistent feature on Amazon websites and apps, impacting every customer who visits and supports many partners across the company? Would you like to build low latency, highly resilient distributed systems at scale? Would you like to be a part of transforming the online shopping experience for hundreds of millions of customers across the world? If so, Navigation Experience (NavX) has an opportunity for you. Serving tens of thousands of transactions per second and billions of views per day, we have a large and visible footprint.
You would be working in an agile development environment and shipping code daily via continuous deployment pipelines. As a full-stack SDE, you will be responsible for building out and optimizing all of our back end systems for scale and speed as well as delivering world class CX for the Amazon shopper on all devices
We are responsible for the navigational experience which makes it easier for a customer to find what they are looking for by combining search and browse actions into a seamless experience that lets a customer navigate to any destination type. Our mission is to serve as an indispensable guide that helps customers find what they need, whenever and wherever they need it, and get out of the way when they don’t need our help. We focus on making the best use of the space navigation occupies while ensuring that customers can still quickly and easily succeed in their shopping tasks via the Hamburger Menu, Navigation Chrome, and Bottom Tabs components across all form factors. Our vision is to build a tailored navigation experience which brings forward the most important and relevant information for a customer at any stage in their shopping journey.
We are a highly diverse and intellectually curious team that loves to have fun and accomplish big things.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical design, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. The candidate has experience building and operating mission critical cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability. The candidate should have interest and desire to learn new skills and do things never done before. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. The candidate will mentor team members to promote engineering excellence and continually “look around the corner“ for the benefit of our customers and improving the team architecture.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Graduate (MS or PHD) in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of commercial software development experience
· Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus
· Experience with NodeJS, ReactNative, ReactJS, Typescript, Java
· Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems and experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark or other big data processing systems is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.