Software Development Engineer II - Amazon Publishing
Amazon Publishing is looking for a talented and passionate software developer to help us revolutionize the publishing process through innovating on behalf of authors and readers. Our goal is to introduce exceptional authors and their books to readers worldwide, in many different languages and in both physical and Kindle editions. We build products and programs that drive demand, increase readership, and build author reputations. We strive to attract and delight authors and editors by building convenient, efficient, and frictionless services and platforms that will transform the ways they create, market, and sell books. We operate in a fast-paced environment with tremendous business and engineering opportunities -- we love developers who are driven by our business as well as our technology.
We are excited about the challenging roadmap ahead that involves building technology for new business initiatives with opportunity to work on grounds-up product development. As a key member, you will get the opportunity to own major systems and deliverables and experience all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. The successful candidate will thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems.
If you favor simple and elegant software solutions to complex problems, obsess over products that directly impact your customers, we need to talk.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field/experience
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through the production launch and beyond
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
· Experience with scalable web applications and distributed services development is a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
· Excellent leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
· You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering product.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us