SDE - Alexa Routines
Are you passionate about the Internet-of-Things, Smart-Home, or automating your life? Are you customer-obsessed and interested in inventing new experiences for Alexa? If so, the Alexa team is looking for a talented engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience on Alexa. Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices and Fire TV. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Alexa Routines make it easy for customers to create customized experiences on Alexa, increasing the power of their interactions with Alexa devices. For example, at 6am every morning or when you say “good morning”, users could setup a routine to turn on their bedroom night lights, turn on their coffee maker and read news headlines.
The possibilities are numerous in this space and we are constantly innovating and solving problems to add new triggers, and actions and other exciting features for our customers. The Alexa Routines team focuses on building large scale Amazon cloud services and React Native user mobile interfaces to invent in a rapidly growing ecosystem of IoT devices, voice user interfaces and Alexa skills. We are also working on deeper integration of Alexa with IFTTT to provide an additional variety of features leveraging everything that IFTTT has to offer.
We are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative and highly scalable applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
This position is located in Seattle, WA.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
· 1+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in object oriented designing and object oriented languages such as Java
· Experience with running customer facing, cloud-based, production software system
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
· Experience with speech and language understanding systems
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.