Software Development Engineer
Be part of the team that is creating the next connected TV experience at Amazon. Create a new engaging entertainment platform for the whole family. Help scale this platform worldwide.
Fire TV is used by millions of customers to stream billions of hours of content. We are expanding our charter and team to deliver best in class entertainment experience in new device categories. You will drive key engineering and product decisions that impact Amazon’s long-term vision around streaming content. As a direct consumer facing product, you will be able to ship software that you and millions of others use world wide everyday. We are growing our current scope and charter and this a great opportunity to be part of that journey from the beginning. We have built a strong engineering culture and want passionate engineers to join our mission.
If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, experience in Android development, we want to talk with you.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3+ years relevant software development experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java (preferred), Objective C or C++
- Experience developing Android (Java/Kotlin) applications
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.