Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) team powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates the software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers, which move billions of units of inventory and ensures customers get what they want when promised. Within AFT, we are looking for strong software development engineers who are results-, data driven, innovative and passionate at working with comprehensive engineering excellence services/solutions.
We need creative, collaborative developers who love working with data want to challenge themselves on a small, fast-moving, diverse application engineering team who are dedicated to making developers lives easier through data. We build both fast, highly available services and clean, easy-to-use web interfaces, and we operate what we build.
You are going to love this job, because you will:
- Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement.
- Work on every layer of the full system stack, from interaction with core AWS services to API design and implementation, to designing and building user interfaces to delight our customers.
- Interface closely with internal customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
- Create a new, world-class user experience using the latest in frontend UX platforms and technologies.
The ideal candidate must be detail , have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven ability in developing simplified solutions for technical debt reduction
· Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.