Software Development Engineer
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is seeking a passionate, results-driven engineer for its Inventory Financial Services group. AFT powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon by building the hardware, software and processes that run a global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory from Amazon’s vendors to its customers. AFT Inventory Financial Services team owns end-to-end financial lifecycle of all the physical inventory managed by Amazon world-wide. Our vision is to create an inventory business system architecture to ensure that, inventory financial records across all Amazon businesses are valid, complete, timely and accurate.
Building a highly available and scalable system to handle billions of transactions and support Amazon’s ever expanding business is a complex architectural challenge. We are looking for an exceptional software developer who brings in deep technical and problem-solving skills and can help us build large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and solve some of the deep rooted bottlenecks in Amazon inventory systems with innovative solutions. We are a fast growing team and what you get here is a myriad of opportunities to learn, thing big and innovate, and in the process, build and grow your career in Amazon.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C#, or C++ or a similar development language. Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
· Design, implement, and deploy successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
· Implement secure, scalable, and low-latency services to support efficient physical processes.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
· Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system, and engineering best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional experience in development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented , structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C#, Java, Python, PHP or Perl
· Experience with both relational and key value databases
· Experience with distributed caching technology
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.