Software Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Supply Chain Planning engineering team automates provisioning and replenishment of AWS computing and resource capacity to build the next generation of AWS infrastructure. We are in very early stages of re-architecting legacy monolith applications to an integrated cloud based supply chain management system, being built from scratch using AWS serverless microservices architecture. This is a high visibility role with the opportunity to positively impact our most-critical systems and their customers. You will be at the forefront of cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services.
You will be building intelligent software that automates infrastructure operations, helps generate optimal plans (supporting highest availability, lowest cost ways to fulfill product demand) and provides recommendations to our customers who are hungry for deep insights into cost optimization, performance and security. This means you will become an expert who works with a variety of teams to understand how all the AWS services come together. You will be surrounded by people that are smart and passionate about cloud computing and solving customer problems. If you think you are the one we are looking for, we would love to talk to you.
As a Software Engineer for Infrastructure you will be building and operating systems that enable us to drive Amazon web services, operate Amazon Infrastructure, and provide an interface for customers (both internal and external) to consume infrastructure directly without human intervention. You will have the opportunity to leverage AWS technology first hand. We're building services using one or more general purpose programming languages. You will be part of the team that builds, architects, design and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. Engineers in the team have opportunities to work with product teams, machine learning models and large data sets. A successful candidate will bring passion, technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
To succeed in this role, you must be passionate about delivering high-quality software designs, code and components. You must be creative in solving hard problems in the Infrastructure space and unafraid to think out-of-the-box.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· At least 3+ year’s hands-on experience with one or more of the programming languages
· Good understanding and knowledge around OOD (Object Oriented Design), data structures and algorithms
· Passion for writing clean and maintainable code using software engineering best practices (writing clean code, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
· Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
· Experience with working with legacy code
· Agent of change to drive architecture around RESTful services
· Passionate about continuously deploying software in the Cloud
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.