Software Development Engineer
The AWS Builder Tools Software Traceability org is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE) to help us in our mission to collect and store the provenance of software at Amazon. As an SDE, you will own the design, implementation and delivery of the provenance tracking tooling for Amazon developers.
Our job is to make it a pleasure to be an engineer at Amazon by taking the pain out of the mechanical parts of software development. More specifically, we own the tools Amazonians use to govern their production code from end-to-end.
Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDEs can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
In the Software Traceability org, we:
· Provide a safe and easy way to upgrade and ensure compliance for the software packages for Amazon developers.
· Provide tools for large scale software governance.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
A day in the life
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Object-oriented design and coding skills ( Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Knowledge of SQL, Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
· Articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Previous technical internship(s) preferred
· Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.