Software Development Engineer
Locations: Seattle, Irvine, Sunnyvale, Austin, Vancouver.
Interested in Alexa on mobile?
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Key job responsibilities
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
A day in the life
· You will be writing code to bring new features to power the Voice SDK and make it easy for other developers to use Voice in their apps
· You will work with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers. Quality Assurance and Developers on a daily basis.
· You will support the software you created to ensure it is of high quality and reliable.
· You will work with sister teams and other teams at Amazon to build consensus and get alignment.
About the team
The mission of the Alexa Mobile SDK is to make Alexa the world’s best personal assistant by turning customer’s mobile devices into their most powerful, portable Echo. To accomplish our mission, we aim to create an easy to integrate, performant SDK that includes all of the latest Alexa Service core capabilities and will allow 1P, 2P and 3P partners to easily create unique additional experiences tailored to a mobile device with minimal work by the SDK and partner development teams.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience in mobile development (iOS or Android)
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with full-native mobile app development
· Experience building developer facing products and services
· Experience building frameworks and SDKs for creating features on applications on various platforms
· Sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.