Software Development Engineer
The core mission of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketing is to educate customers about cloud computing and our services. Millions of customers engage with us every day across multiple channels. Imagine building a platform that enables AWS to speak to engineers, CTOs, CIOs, and CEOs, educate them about AWS services, and empower them on their journey to the cloud. Our services act as the foundation for announcing new AWS products and are uniquely positioned to redefine how our cloud community consumes information and engages with AWS.
We are looking for an a talented, self-directed Software development Engineer to help build customer experiences to deliver a new customer-facing identity for our marketing channels. This will be a key initiative for our customers to manage their communication preferences and improve the relevance of the content we offer to them. A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology, strong business acumen, deep experience with providing relevant content to customers, and a desire to change how people interact with AWS.
As part of Marketing Data: Science & Engineering (D:SE) team, you will build solution that are simple to use, secure, and, extensible using the state-of-the-art AWS services. The vast majority of projects on which the team works are based on native AWS solutions and services such as DynamoDB, EMR clusters, Glue, Redshift, CodeDeploy, EC2, ElasticSearch, CloudFront and Kinesis.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
· Graduate/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices. Full stack experience is a bonus.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation
· AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform.
· Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
· High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role