Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
The Content Data Services team is responsible for data services used by teams across Hulu. We build reliable, large-scale, production systems that help serve the tens of millions of users and devices that access Hulu. These systems deliver the data about Hulu content that drives all Hulu client user experiences, across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build and operate critical web services that support all Hulu users!
Our team is fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun and looking forward to finding out more about you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You'll be part of a hardworking group of engineers that design and build systems that provide data at scale to Hulu's internal and edge-facing services - ultimately powering Hulu clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
We're passionate about data just like you! You'll apply your experience with database technologies to construct highly-available, large-scale services.
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years’ experience (at least 2 years of US experience) crafting large-scale, highly-available Java services.
- 2+ years’ experience building solutions that utilize NoSQL and relational database solutions, messaging systems, and distributed caching technologies.
- Strong programming skills in Java and other object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Experience with modern source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Up-to-date knowledge on developments in web operations, infrastructure, open source technologies, modern application stacks, and operations methodologies.
- An ability to work independently while knowing when to ask for help or clarification.
- A broad perspective to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others at Hulu.