Software Dev Engineer, Brand Loyalty
This position is available in both Seattle, and Vancouver (British Columbia, Canada) locations.
We are inventing new and engaging ad experiences for customers on mobile. As a leader and engineer you will have the freedom, support and encouragement to experiment and invent on behalf of our customers. We trust you to come up with compelling new interactive mobile ad experiences. You will think big and turn vision into reality — not be constrained by resources available to you today or today’s market environments. You’ll have the opportunity to own both the product perspective and engineering execution while holding the entire problem-space in your head. Paul Graham wrote an essay about the importance of this principle: We like to think that it’s more than the software that our engineers need to hold all at once in their heads — it’s also the customer experience, the design, and the product. This allows you to look around the corner, move efficiently, develop concrete plans, and take advantage of opportunities to solve problems with long-term thinking. We need a highly collaborative teammate, but also someone who gets a lot done with very little resources and lots of ambiguity.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology.
- Strong analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Developed in an Agile (SCRUM, Kanban) environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.