Software Dev Engineer
Are you a passionate, talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission-critical, high volume solutions that customers love? Come build the future with us and make a positive impact on our customer experience around the globe.
Alexa and Devices is interested in you! We are now hiring software development engineers across many diverse teams within Alexa and Devices. As part of our “Best Fit” hiring process, you only submit one application, and you will be automatically considered for multiple software engineer job opportunities that match your preferences. Then, you choose your team!
As a software development engineer on Amazon’s many diverse teams, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. Grow your career and gain opportunities to invent and innovate new technologies, solve highly complex problems at scale, and deliver game-changing products and services.
You will design and implement critical features in either front-end, back-end, or full-stack interfaces/systems for consumer or internal-facing products, depending on the team you choose. Your standards of the software built will be high, since it has the potential be extended for multiple use cases, for even greater impact. As an effective communicator, you understand the requirements of your customers and stakeholders and drive consensus between multiple teams to deliver software effectively. You are curious to learn new and complex technologies and willing to train new teammates on how the team’s software works.
Sound like you? Our tech teams hiring and want to hear from you. Amazon teams include, Alexa Experiences, Entertainment, AI Engineering, and Device Software.
Save time. One job application. Many opportunities. You choose your team. Apply below for all open software development engineer roles! We have locations across the United States: WA, CA, CO, TX, BOS, VA. As well as in Canada!
This internal job posting is intended for employee referrals only.
If you would like to refer an SDE2 to Amazon, please submit their resume to this posting and their application will be handled by our team.
If you are an existing Amazonian looking to make an internal move, please directly apply to a business specific job posting and connect with the hiring team for that role.
· Develop and maintain open-source library and tool features.
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, evaluate technical feasibility, and implement production software consumed by Alexa Skill developers inside and outside of Amazon.
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Will own high code quality, test coverage, and apply best practices in class library usability to provide Alexa Skill developers with best possible experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· 1+ years of professional experience in software development
· Experience in building SDKs or libraries used by other developers
· Experience in building REST APIs
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Knowledge of software design patterns and their application across multiple programming languages
· Participation in open source projects
· Extreme focus on creating high quality code and best practices in one or more programming languages
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation