Snr Mgr, Business Operations
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Commerce Platform (CP) is the glue that holds the ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, CP is always innovating with the customer in mind.
The CP team is seeking a seasoned systems and operations leader who can lead multi-functional teams of program managers, business analysts, BIE, training managers and risk/audit managers globally. Business Operations (BizOps) team core function is to support escalations from internal clients like Customer Service, Finance and Accounting for payment issues, financial reporting questions and broken business processes. This team is the center of excellence responsible for driving operational efficiencies and customer experience improvements throughout Commerce Platform.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Sr. Ops manager in BizOps will independently lead the team, grow the scope to support new businesses and opportunities within CP, create a global presence, identify mechanisms to reduce retention and retain top talent. They will be managing operations teams who are SMEs in all four aspects such as business, technical, finance and customer experience within the same team. Sr. Ops manager will drive strategic initiatives for contact reduction that enables the team to take on new processes with increasing complexity while optimizing resources. Sr. Ops manager is the operational leader for high-impact large-scale events for CP and AWS services to make high-judgement decisions while insisting on highest standards for customer experience.
- 7+ years of business operations, program, or project management experience
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management.
- 7+ years of experience managing teams
- 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration and/or analysis
- 10+ years of experience in business, accounting, finance, consulting or similar field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Operations, or related field
- Hands-on experience with driving improvements for technical infrastructure and SDLC
- MBA or graduate degree
- 2+ years of coding experience in Any programming language
- Familiarity with building large solutions across many integrated and systems, with great availability, performance, and security
- Experience with a payment processor or an acquirer, international payments experience is a plus
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Financial, analytical and communication skills. Professional skills in reporting and communications, sensitive to data, passion for processes and systems.
- Experience defining, refining and implementing processes, procedures and policies. Relevant work experience in business operations role for a large organization. Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, and SQL skills
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands. High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us