Senior Vendor Manager
Are you looking to give the beauty industry a makeover? Do you want to be a part of a fast growing team to build new experiences from the ground up? Amazon Beauty is reinventing the shopping experience for all customers across the largest selection of brands to become the most trusted beauty destination. Beauty is unique in retail with a diverse customer set along with products that are emotional, fun, and creative. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor to build something entirely new and transform an industry.
This role requires an effective leader and communicator, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. We are looking for an individual that enjoys fast-paced, data-driven environments and will be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon.
● Define the vision and business strategy for the category including North Star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
● Manages category P&L
● Develops vendor relationships inclusive of negotiation terms and growth focused initiatives
● Drive broad adoption and provide an unparalleled customer experience.
● Devise clear frameworks for making day-to-day decisions
● Lead execution of projects including building project plans
● Drive commitments from internal teams including Marketing, Engineering, and Category Management.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years experience in Account Management, Project/Program Management, or Buying
· Experience using data to influence business decisions
· Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration
● Bachelor Degree
● Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and/or business development experience
● Experience with business analysis and P&L management
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence internal stakeholders
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning, and task delegation
● Strategy, finance, or buying/planning background
● MBA or Master's degree in a related field
● Experience in an industry where fun matters (e.g. beauty, fashion, entertainment, media, or games)
● Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
● 5+ years of relevant experience in finance, strategy consulting, or e-commerce
● Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
● Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with financial and operational analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.