Sr. Technical Program Manager - AWS Direct Connect, AWS Direct Connect
Do you thrive on delivering complex software and networking projects across multiple sites and regions? Do you enjoy driving customer’s business requirements into reality, and meeting their needs? In Direct Connect, we’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity. Come work on the Amazon Direct Connect Team!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and networking services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. Our services are trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest startups to power a wide variety of workloads.
The AWS Direct Connect team delivers solutions that make it easy for customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises to the AWS cloud. These connections help to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections. Direct Connect is currently available in more than 100+ locations in 68 cities located in 29 countries.
This position can be based in Seattle WA or Herndon VA.
In this role of Senior TPM, you will provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. The team has a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and innovation-based problems. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. This TPM will lead complex software and networking projects across a wide range of technologies and standards. This role will give you an opportunity to work with many different teams across the organization to deliver solution.
· Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Technical Program Manager
· 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between hardware, software teams and operations
· 3+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
· Master’s or advanced technical degree
· Excellent written, spoken, and listening communication skills
· A track record in planning and coordinating complex multi-team networking projects.
· Excellent technical, problem-solving and partnering skills
· Knowledge of hardware development process and life-cycle
· Cross-team coordination skills
· Proven ability to concisely communicate with an executive audience in both written and verbal communications
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.