Sr. Technical Program Manager, Alexa Social
Do you want to pioneer new ways for people to interact with one another? Do you want to define a strategy that leverages the intelligence of Alexa’s AI to help customers engage with family, friends, extended family, and more broadly with people who share interests with them?
Key job responsibilities
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, has experience leading large projects, and has a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, your responsibilities will include writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design and implementation efforts, coordinating across multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, destroy limits to scale, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives while rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. This role will require high judgement on how we can deliver for customers in both the short- and long-term.
A day in the life
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Managers to partner with Product Managers (PMTs)/Engineers and develop delightful opportunities for people to interact, share information, keep up with others, and have fun; (2) build a suite of APIs to enable internal and external developers to build experiences which transcend a multitude of networks, driving engagement and monetization; (3) earn and maintain customer trust by ensuring our experiences are safe and inclusive places to interact, free from harassment.
About the team
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show and more. Just ask Alexa for information, music, news, weather, and more. And now you can send a message, make a call, play announcements, or drop in on your closest friends & family via Alexa devices or the Alexa app!
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
* Master’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related field
* 8+ years of relevant work experience in program, product management or related function
* Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Experience with AGILE or other program management methodologies
* Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and operations teams
* Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run data analysis and synthesize data to make on-point business decisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.