Senior Technical Program Manager
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready — just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice.
We are seeking an experienced technical program manager to work on international expansion for Alexa. We are rearchitecting a number of Alexa systems to make internationalization cheaper, faster and more scalable. This TPM will operate in a highly horizontal role across a wide numbers of teams and systems and influence the long-term design for how primitives for language and location are managed within Alexa today.
As a TPM, you have a track record of developing the strategy, vision, and roadmap for complex cross-team launches. You are highly analytical, able to navigate extremely effectively across a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies into high quality, simple products that customers love. You have experience through multiple complete product development cycles, possesses superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. You are obsessed about ensuring that our customers have a world-class experience.
A passion for cultural diversity and understanding of machine learning or AI concepts is desirable.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
· Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
· Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
· Experience working in a Software Development Team
· Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Master's or another advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience managing large scale, enterprise-wide initiatives spanning dozens of teams