Sr. Supply Chain Product Mgr
Amazon Web Services’ Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement team is looking for experienced professionals to help build the world’s premier cloud computing platform. We are looking for a candidate with engineering and manufacturing experience capable of operating in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Our NPI team works closely with our engineering and deployment teams, suppliers, and data center operations to launch new products and manage transitions. They are also responsible for integrating across supply chain commodity managers to maintain continuity of supply while minimizing risk for excess and obsolete materials.
- Executes strategic plans that improve service, productivity and quality, and that align to the overall organizational and customer vision.
- Develop and implement systems of accountability to ensure ongoing, measurable performance improvement.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the supply chain activities.
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior management, focused on new product launches or transitions.
- Drive strategic BOM reviews and qualifications with internal teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple requirements and responsibilities, and to concisely and clearly communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- In this role you will be interacting with senior AWS leaders on a regular basis, and will be synthesizing complex program information into actionable updates to drive alignment across engineering, supply chain, and procurement teams.
- You own the supply chain strategy for your NPI program, and are responsible for material readiness during prototype and qualification, and developing a plan to scale production for launch.
About the team
- We are experienced supply chain professionals from multiple industries, bringing together our insights to provide a scalable and actionable plan for critical AWS hardware.
- Bachelor’s or an advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field
- 5+ years of supply chain experience or cloud computing/technology
- 6+ years of work experience in program, project, or product management, or leading an implementation of a product, or 4+ with advanced degree
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Excel, Pivot Tables, SQL, Tableau, etc..
- MBA or advanced degree in engineering or other quantitative disciplines
- Experience in manufacturing or quality
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Program management with integrated scheduling and milestone tracking
- Ability to influence cross functionally across engineering, deployment, procurement and external partners
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.