As the world moves to mobile shopping, Wish engineers are at the forefront of change. Our small agile team moves over 2 billion packages across the globe each year. Because we have a small team with a big job to do, each team member makes a huge impact on the business. You will have the opportunity to implement your ideas and to own your work.
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and people who are excited by complex problems. The role is ideal for someone who has a solid backend engineering background.
Does that sound like you? Great! We encourage you to apply your skills and grow your career at Wish!
For Internal Use Only:
Who you are:
- Experience in building highly-available distributed software system that’s integrated with multiple external systems
- Experience in applying machine learning, data mining, learning to rank solutions to solve business problems
- Experience in developing large-scale data processing pipelines or analytic
- Experience in leading projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
- Experience in optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
- Experience in API integration/maintenance with multiple external services
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience in modern languages
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain a new, big data service that processes hundreds of millions of package tracking data daily
- Build a big data-driven web application
- Integrate data from a large number of services
- Optimize and scale, performance as needed
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.