Sr Software Development Manager, Trusted Voices for Books
Books play a quintessential role in people's life. Do you want to help the world to find and read more books they love? Do you like the idea of seeing your work impact tens of millions of customers? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Books. We are a smart team of builders working together to deliver amazing discovery experiences to our readers across a large and growing number of display surfaces and compute environments.
As a senior leader for Books Discovery and Trusted Voices, you will be responsible for setting the 3-5 year strategic direction for the invention and scaling of discovery experiences to delight Amazon Kindle and Books customers around the world. As a leader of Trusted Voices charter, you will own a gamut of products around finding new and innovative ways of recommending the right books to our readers across the globe through authoritative and trusted sources like authors, editors, influencers and book clubs. You will own the full product lifecycle, from need identification, to design, to launch, to scale. You will have a track record of driving the right technical strategy for large-scale, customer-facing products, built using modern architecture. You will test and iterate on small scale proof of concept experiments and double down on the best bets. You have vision to connect dots early, and the grit to see big things come together over time. You will have managed multi-team organizations while maintaining the ability to dive deep on customer experience, architecture, and technical details. Success in this role requires close collaboration with senior leaders across Amazon and the ability to establish relationships with technical peers to influence their architecture and long-term technical direction.
Key job responsibilities
You will build diverse, best-in-class engineering teams and use a wide range of tools to hire and retain talent (new sites, rotations etc.). Other key responsibilities include the following:
* Foster a sense of passion for people management and mentorship, including hiring and developing diverse talent and managing remote teams.
* Address competing priorities and achieve results in a fast and dynamic environment.
* Develop and share a strong technical and business vision.
* Computer Science or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of experience managing technical, product and/or related teams.
* 10+ years relevant experience with 4+ years of experience managing software engineering teams in a ‘leader of leaders’ role.
* 5+ years of experience in full-stack development including client-side technologies, web services, service-oriented architectures, and system-level design.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.