Sr. Software Dev Engineer, Alexa Automotive
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you like FireTV? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Alexa Automotive is looking for exceptional software development engineers, managers to work on enabling Alexa – the voice controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo – in automobiles and make it work with FireTV for Rear Seat Entertainment. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa and FireTV in the car.
As a leader, you will be working with business partners, software development managers, engineers, testers and UI/UX designers to design, implement, test, launch, document, and maintain complex software applications, tools, and systems. You will be mentoring junior software development engineers. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies, development processes, and develop well-rounded skills such as leadership, and effective project management.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software development engineer using languages: C++, Java, or other object oriented languages
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
- Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
- Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Experience with scalable distributed systems and interfacing with cloud based services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to drive innovation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.